Peregrine Landing at Glenwood Springs – Memory Care and Assisted Living
2800 Midland Ave, Glenwood Springs, CO 81601
Opening Summer 2017
2800 Midland Ave
Glenwood Springs, CO 81601
Two buildings at the same location. Memory Care opens in spring of 2017. Assisted Living opens in the fall.
Live in the newest memory care and assisted living in Glenwood Springs, CO
Peregrine Landing at Glenwood Springs – Memory Care, our newest senior community specializing in memory care from Peregrine Senior Living. If you or a family member are experiencing memory loss, we have the ideal place to live!
Located in the beautiful Roaring Fork Valley with a river front setting, we use “The Peregrine Way” philosophy of care for our residents, families, and staff to connect to the mind, body, and soul.
We are happy to meet with you now to tell you more! Please complete our contact form and we’ll be in touch with you.
The Principles of The Peregrine Way®
1. We focus on long term memories seniors still recall
2. We help families deal with their loved one's memory loss
3. We train our staff to treat each resident like their family
One-story spacious common areas including living room and activity centers
Full-service activity kitchens
Restaurant-style dining service and snacks
Expansive grounds and secure enclosed courtyards for barbecues and safe outdoor fun
Free Wi-Fi access
Beautiful chapel and regular spiritual services
Ice cream and soda shop
Guest meals available upon request
On-site beauty salon
Housekeeping, maintenance and laundry services
All utilities except cable and phone
24-hour emergency response pendant system (customized for staff emergency notification anywhere on the premises)
Private bathrooms equipped with grab bars
Wheelchair-accessible private shower rooms
Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
Peregrine Value- Added Services
Regular health and wellness checks
On-site blood pressure checks
Support services, including in-house physician, pharmacy, lab services
Scheduled rehabilitation services providing physical, occupational, and speech therapy
Complete social, cultural and recreational programs
Scheduled transportation to medical appointments
Outings to local attractions and cultural events
Screening, vision, hearing and podiatry services
On-site dental services
Care is highly individualized based on your loved one’s needs. We provide a
number of signature programs that are designed to stimulate one’s long-term
memory such as:
- Spiritual Programs – Our spiritual director offers both denominational and
non-denominational prayers and services to uplift and comfort the community.
- Legacy Stories – Together, we record in writing each resident’s personal
- Peregrine University – We have interesting and entertaining lectures on topics
familiar to the residents.
- Time Capsules – We work with residents to create a safe-box of keepsakes to
calm, stimulate, and lift residents’ spirits.
- Around The World – On a monthly basis we explore different cultures of the
world through dining, dress and music.
A memory loss diagnosis is not only hard on the individual – it is also very difficult and
emotionally complicated for family members. The Peregrine Way® Memory Care Program
strives to help during this highly emotional time by offering the following supportive family
programs that provide education, empathy, and empowerment.
- Orientation – We’ll get to know you and you’ll get to know us through an assessment of you and
your loved one’s hopes, needs and fears on the journey.
- Education – We provide seminars on various types of dementia and the disease progression that
will help ease fears of the unknown and help you to set realistic expectations for the future.
- Communication Instruction – These presentations educate family members on how to have
positive visits and provide techniques to improve verbal and physical communication.
- Sensitivity Training – We hold seminars that provide the experience of dementia including:
physical, sensory & cognitive loss.
- Family Support Groups – We’re in this together. Our monthly meetings provide a supportive and empathetic setting where loved ones can feel safe to openly express their joys, insights & concerns.
Our compassionate caregivers are trained to promote a healthy, positive, and
comfortable lifestyle for residents with memory impairment. At Peregrine, we
provide ongoing education to provide the best possible care, including:
- Safe medication administration by licensed nurses.
- Understanding the environment through the eyes of dementia.
- Communication with compassion.
- Behavioral management.
- Personal Care: Bathing, Dressing, Bathroom, and Nutrition.
- Pain recognition.
- Activities for people with dementia.
- Family support and service.
- Comfort care.
Peregrine Landing at Aurora
Contact us today to schedule a tour!
We love to show of our community and invite you out to a visit to enjoy lunch on us. Come see why we are different than other memory care communities.
Address: 2800 Midland Ave
Glenwood Springs, CO 81601