Make sure your loved one is safe and receiving the care he or she needs by looking out for these warning signs.
|Finding the best care for your loved one can be challenging, but knowing when the time is right to start looking can be even more of a challenge. Does your aging parent have trouble remembering simple things? Here we have listed out some issues that may only get worse over time. Please be mindful of these warning signs that it might be time for your loved one to seek assisted living or adult care in Buffalo, NY.
Top 5 Signs to Watch For:
1. Recent accidents or close calls. Did your loved one take a fall, have a medical scare, or get into a car accident? Take note of who responded and how long it took to find out the important details of the accident. The odds of an accident happening increase with age and can become very dangerous if not handled appropriately and in a timely fashion.
2. A slow recovery. Is it taking weeks and even months for your loved one to recover from a common cold or other illness? Ensure that your loved one gets the medical care he or she needs as soon as a sickness develops. Slow recovery is common with age.
3. Isolation. Sometimes people who show signs of dementia may start to isolate themselves from others. If your loved one deviates from normal routine or stops participating in normal activities, it’s time to reevaluate their living situation and find appropriate care.
4. Letters from banks, creditors, or insurers. Letters from banks may indicate overdue bills. If your loved one has always been organized in the past, this means he or she may be forgetting to pay certain bills on time. It’s important to monitor anything unusual that gets sent to your loved one in the mail to ensure everything is paid on time. Please also look out for scammers, since elderly people are more susceptible to fraud and phishing schemes.
5. You worry about your loved one. Though this seems extreme, if your heart races anytime you get a phone call from your loved one at an odd hour or you get nervous when your loved one leaves a confusing message on your voicemail, it might be time to look into a retirement home. This way, you can rest assured knowing your parent or loved one is safe at all hours.
At Peregrine’s Landing Sr Community, we can help people who need memory car of all types, from dementia care to Alzheimer’s care. Our senior living communities in Buffalo, NY can be the perfect home for your loved one. Please get in touch with us today to learn more about our services.