The Athenaeum of Skaneateles - Syracuse Assisted Living
3/17/15 St. Patrick's Day!
3/17/15 Irish Step Dancers 2:00pm
3/26/15 Music Therapy with Ellen and Dick at 1:30pm
- Assisted Living
- Alzheimer’s & Memory Care available when needed
- Scheduled group transportation options
- Access to 24-hour assisted living help, including medication and continence management
- Restaurant-style dining
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry
- Social, spiritual, educational and recreational programs daily
- Accommodations for couples
- In-house medical team comprised of a physician, nurse practitioner, podiatrist and psychiatrist
- Physical, speech and occupational therapies available upon request
We make it easy to find a Personal Care Home for your Loved one.
Come celebrate living at The Athenaeum of Skaneateles…a truly different assisted living community where life is celebrated emotionally, physically and intellectually every day.
As you enter our community you will immediately feel the magic – the genuine warmth, concern and compassion of our caring staff. We believe our residents are our most important resource and we strive to provide an environment where your loved one will have the freedom and support to enjoy a lifestyle full of possibilities…
With beautiful surroundings and a daily calendar full of stimulating activities, residents will enjoy a lifestyle full of possibilities. As you enter our community, you will sense the difference. The genuine warmth, concern and compassion of our caring staff is unmistakable. We believe our residents are our most important resource and we strive to provide an environment where your loved one will have the freedom, security and support to enjoy new experiences.
By embracing The Peregrine Way, The Athenaeum at Skaneateles provides a supportive environment for seniors and their families. We specialize in assisted living for patients with Alzheimer’s and other dementias, encouraging them to lead full lives by continuing to grow mentally, spiritually, and socially.
Come see for yourself the Magic of The Athenaeum at Skaneateles.
Call (315) 685-1400 or E-mail to learn more!
Our Assisted Living Amenities & Services include:
- Private suites with private bath. Double suites can accommodate couples.
- Fine dining experience with restaurant-style service with three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily, featuring a variety of menu choices
- Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal
- Weekly personal laundry and linens (except dry cleaning)
- Social, spiritual, educational and recreational programs daily
- Scheduled group transportation to appointments, social events and cultural programs
- Concierge Service
- Trained staff available 24-hours a day
- In-house medical services to include a physician, podiatrist, psychiatrist and nurse practitioner. Physical
- Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy available
- Medication Management and Continence Management
- Assistance with all activities of daily living
- Elegant Restaurant Style Dining Room
A variety of spacious, comfortable areas include:
- Elegant restaurant style dining room
- Meeting rooms for clubs and activities
- Patio with access to landscaped courtyard gardens
- Wireless internet access
- Media, television and living room areas
- Beautifully manicured landscaping
- Well-equipped Therapy Gym
- Chapel for spiritual enrichment
- Full-service beauty/barber shop
Memory Care Program Highlights:
- Includes multi-sensory experiences, exercise, outings, group activities, the joy of pets, and regularly scheduled visits with children
- Private Dining Room For Families & Friends
- Elegant Restaurant style dining ensures proper nutrition with three chef prepared meals per day
- Hydration program encourages water and juices to minimize illness, infection and falls
- Our Individualized Service Plan is based on each residents specific needs and services
- Initial and ongoing family partnership is encouraged
- All Associates complete the specialized dementia care training program
- Caring Staff dedicated to maintaining the dignity and individuality of every resident
- Variety of comfortable community areas, including an elegant dining room, private dining room for families and friends, Country kitchen, Dedicated activity area,Therapy Gym
Our facility offers three chef-prepared homemade meals per day with snacks in-between. Our dining staff caters to each resident’s dietary needs and tastes while making sure they receive a balanced meal.
Our beautiful dining room is spacious and allows our residents and visitors to feel like they are at home. We welcome friends and family members to dine with us as well. Call ahead to make your reservation and confirm menu items as these may change from time to time.
Meal times are as follows:
- Breakfast is served between 8:00am-10:30am
- Lunch is served at 12:30pm
- Dinner is served at 5:00pm
The Peregrine Way
Revolutionizing Expectations for the Aging Process Discover More About The Peregrine Way
Our Commitment… …to provide a truly different senior living community for the memory impaired…where your loved one’s life is celebrated…spiritually, emotionally, physically and intellectually.
Peregrine Senior Living Our senior management team has over 50 years experience operating assisted living communities in the northeast. Peregrine distinguishes itself from other management companies by providing “hands on” assistance with day-to-day operations. Peregrine attracts the highest caliber of health care professionals who share in our philosophy of providing residents with exceptional care.
News & Events
“My mother raised six children, always kept a tidy home, and had a homemade dinner on the table every night. So when it came time for her to be the one who needed taking care of we knew we needed to find a home that would do all the things for her that she did for us. At The Athenaeum we found just what we were looking for. A clean and cozy home, homemade meals and a loving family atmosphere. Being at The Athenaeum is giving back to her everything she gave to us and more.”
“We are absolutely thrilled with the care that my sister Winnie is receiving at The Athenaeum. She is so happy and comfortable! The staff has been outstanding at making all of Winnie’s friends and families feel welcome – we love it!”
Peter and Mary Jo Coleman
(resident Winnie Coleman)
“We love the staff at The Athenaeum – they are true gems!”
Mary Jo Coleman
“The Athenaeum is not a facility – it is a home where the staff are not only caretakers, they are family…We couldn’t imagine that my uncle could afford to live in such a beautiful home with a bedroom that overlooks Skaneateles Lake – you may be surprised!…. When my uncle entered the Athenaeum he could barely walk and rarely got out of his wheelchair. Three months later he is walking on his own without assistance and gained 10lbs in the first month…We are treated like family… We stop in some nights and chat with the residents and staff on the beautiful wrap-around porch and a nice cold glass of lemonade… We are so happy knowing he is getting such wonderful care in a place that cares so much about him…”
“Thank you so much to all for providing such an exceptional environment for my mom. After my dad died she really needed all the companionship that you provided. She feels safe and content there — what more could I ask for?”
I couldn’t be more pleased with the services provided for my father at the Athenaeum. The staff has treated my father like family. I always know he is in good hands, and it has taken a lot of the worry off my shoulder’s knowing he is well taken care of, in a place he loves. I am so thankful for all that The Athenaeum has done for us!”
Meet Our Staff
Trudy R. Scarr, RN
Executive Director(315) 685-1400
Dining Director(315) 685-1400
Case Manager(315) 685-1400
Life Enrichment Coordinator(315) 685-1400
Administrative Assistant(315) 685-1400