April 6, 2022 - Assisted Living
Assisted Living Defined
What is assisted living? Think back to when you learned how to ride a bicycle. All you really needed was a helping hand. Soon you were off, enjoying a new feeling of freedom and joy. This is a great way to look at the experience of assisted living. It’s the reassurance of knowing that while assistance is always there, the main advantage is how it can empower you to enjoy newfound freedom, purpose and fulfillment.
What is assisted living? At Peregrine Senior Living, it’s a wonderful lifestyle!
Assisted living is a type of senior living that provides housing, personalized care and support with activities of daily living. The goal is to help you remain independent and enjoy an engaging, purposeful life. Care may be included in the monthly rental fee or provided à la carte based on an assessment by clinical staff. Assisted living is not for those with medical considerations that require around-the-clock skilled nursing care.
What are features of an assisted living community?
Living in assisted living is not a restrictive experience—it’s quite the opposite. No longer burdened by home upkeep or maintenance, you are free to explore your new lifestyle and all its benefits. This is an opportunity to live as independently as possible. You will have friends close by, while enjoying a life of support and connection. Imagine, you will get all of this with the reassurance of personalized assistance when needed.
- Comfortable, spacious accommodations
- 24-hour staffing and security
- Restaurant-style dining
- Housekeeping, linen and maintenance services
- Fitness, health and wellness programs
- Access to medical services
What kind of assistance is provided in assisted living?
The goal in assisted living is to help protect the health and safety of each individual, while offering the many benefits of maintenance-free living. As a resident of assisted living, you can expect compassionate, prompt assistance with activities of daily living (ADL) which can include:
- Personal hygiene
- Medication management
How can assisted living benefit a family?
What is assisted living? A gift for the entire family. Knowing you have a plan for the future frees you to live every moment today as you choose. It also allows your family to go back to being who they are—daughter, son, husband, wife—so that you all can enjoy each other’s company.
- Less caregiver stress and more free time.
- Ability to be a daughter or son, husband or wife again versus a caregiver.
[hubspot type=cta portal=8265574 id=4ffcb628-87fe-445b-81ad-ae934bad7f08]
Assisted Living is more than support with daily living.
The answer to the question “what is assisted living” goes beyond services like transportation, medication management and other services—way beyond!
At Peregrine Senior Living, assisted living is about changing expectations of you and your loved one to open up a variety of possibilities and personal growth experiences. It’s a commitment to the renewal of the individual growth process, a deepening of the spiritual experience and stimulating opportunities for lifelong learning. We call it assisted living The Peregrine Way.
What is assisted living? Your opportunity to leave a bucket full of worries behind.
- Instead of worrying about a leaky roof… join in a lively card game
- Instead of skipping a meal because there’s nothing in your fridge… savor every bite of a chef-prepared meal served to you with a smile.
- Instead of sitting on the couch… join the group for a fun outing to a nearby gallery and lunch spot.
- Instead of waking up with nothing to do… peruse the activities calendar and consider bingo, baking, trivia, happy hour, a concert, movie, wheel of fortune and so much more.
- Instead of missing out on spiritual connections… attend an on-site service, volunteer or enjoy moments of meditation outdoors.
At Peregrine Senior Living, assisted living is a lifestyle that centers on you.
We believe every person is a unique individual and we treat them that way. Here, you will find opportunities to stimulate your body, mind and spirit. We invite you to learn more.