September 2, 2019 - Lifestyle
Easy Home Staging Tips for a Faster Sale
When you find the right assisted living community to call home, you can start getting excited about the next chapter of your life. But if you still have your house to sell, it can feel a little less celebratory and a little more stressful.
Luckily, with just a few thoughtful adjustments to your home, you might be able to get a faster sale or get a buyer to come in at your full asking price, setting you up for success as you enter into the next phase of your retirement.
Top 10 Tips for Effectively Staging Your Home
When it comes to selling your home, the last thing you want to do is to have to make changes to appeal to buyers. But, did you know there are lots of simple changes you can make that aren’t expensive and can still make a huge impact on potential buyers?
Get inspired with this quick list of our top 10 tips for getting your home ready to sell.
- Only focus your efforts on the rooms that matter most – the living room, master bedroom, and kitchen.
- Hire a cleaner or enlist family members to give your home a deep clean.
- Hide personalized items like photographs, scrapbooks, clothes or family heirlooms.
- Declutter as much as you can so rooms look bigger and more inviting. Consider renting temporary storage if you don’t want to part with the items you’re moving out.
- Create a neutral color palette. If you can, hire painters to paint the main floor a neutral gray or beige. Remove any loud blankets, pillows or décor items.
- Do light landscaping. Make sure the grass is cut, weeds are pulled and the yard looks clean and pleasant. A cute doormat is always a great way to welcome potential buyers.
- Open blinds and windows to let in as much light as possible. Turn on all lamps and add lighting as needed.
- Rearrange furniture as needed to maximize space and make your rooms look larger.
- Add fresh elements to rooms with flowers, a bowl of fruit, or baked goods. It’s a great way to make your house feel like a home.
- If needed, let your realtor do a walk through with a decorator. They can swap out furniture or add specific décor items to your home that will maximize its potential.
While home staging may seem like an extra step in an already stressful process, it really can make your home sell faster. It has been proven that home staging has a positive effect on potential buyers and makes it easier for them to visualize your property as their own.
Outstanding Care, Support and Compassion at Peregrine Senior Living
If you’re still in the process of finding an independent living community to call home, schedule a tour at one of our Peregrine Senior Living campuses. Our approach to senior living is unlike any other senior living community because we focus our attention on helping our residents thrive. Our unique programming, services, and amenities are geared toward helping seniors find new hobbies, pursue lifelong learning and enjoy a continuum of care. Find out if we are a good fit for your future.