June 5, 2020 - Lifestyle
Stay Active this Summer
Summer is a great time to get outside and get active. Whether you enjoy gardening, picnics, bike rides or just basking in the sun, there are so many opportunities for you to make the most of this summer. A great way you can stay active this summer is by heading outdoors and taking part in some exciting activities and programs happening in and around the Syracuse, New York area.
Importance of Staying Active for Seniors
There are so many great activities in and around the Syracuse area for you to engage in this summer. Staying fit and active is imperative to living a healthy lifestyle. When you regularly challenge your body with range of motion and flexibility exercises, you build muscles around your joints and help reduce the risk of onset diseases.
Being active can also help you to maintain a healthy weight, which will reduce the amount of pressure that’s placed on your joints. Moderate exercise can also aid in keeping your body in shape, your mind sharp and your mood positive.
5 Summer Activities for Seniors in Syracuse
Syracuse is a great place to spend your summer. Read more about some of the activities you can take part in this summer.
- Visit Rosamond Gifford Zoo.* You can enjoy the sights of more than 700 animals and 275 species at the zoo with friends and family this summer. The Rosamond Gifford Zoo is one of 236 zoos in the nation proven to meet the highest standards of animal care and guest experience.
- Take a Walk at Barry Park.* Visit the beautiful, 15-acre Barry Park this summer and enjoy a nice walk, bike ride or picnic outdoors. You can also spend time sitting by the pond and feeding the ducks that swim by. There are so many different ways to spend your day at the Park.
- Enjoy a Pastry at The Scratch Bakehouse.* Start your summer mornings off right with a freshly made pastry from The Scratch Bakehouse. This bakery offers anything you could crave; from cinnamon rolls to croissants, you will be able to treat yourself with this delicious menu.
- Have Dinner at Pastabilities.* At Pastabilities, you can enjoy homemade pastas, sauces, salads and breads. At this Italian restaurant, you and your friends can have deep conversations and make memories over some tasty pasta dishes.
- Take a Class at Syracuse Yoga.* The Syracuse Yoga studio offers yoga classes fit for everybody, no matter if you’re a beginner or a yoga pro. You can register for classes ranging from vinyasa flow, to yoga sculpt. These classes are available to take in person at the studio or online to take virtually.
Remain Active and Healthy at Peregrine Senior Living
At Peregrine Senior Living, we know that healthy aging is key. We give residents opportunities to remain active and make health their number one priority. With our fitness centers and outdoor areas, residents can engage in their choice of exercise that’s right for them. Contact us today to learn more about how you can live a healthy life at Peregrine Senior Living.
*Please contact the facility directly, hours of operation may have changed due to COVID-19.