Signature Services at Athenaeum of Skaneateles
Although care is highly individualized based on each resident’s needs, we provide a number of signature programs that are designed to explore meaningful life experiences and stimulate long term memory, such as:
- Renewal of Individual Growth – Residents are assisted in identifying new goals and renewing old interests.
- Spiritual Programs – Our spiritual director leads services of celebration and faith to uplift the community.
- Legacy Stories – Together, we record in writing each resident’s personal biography.
- Peregrine University – We have interesting and entertaining lectures on topics familiar to the residents.
- Time Capsules – We work with residents to create a safe-box of keepsakes to calm, stimulate and lift residents’ spirits.
- Around The World – Monthly, we explore different cultures of the world through dining, dress and music.
- Radio Days – Classic radio programs from the past are provided to facilitate memories from bygone eras.
Resident Services and Amenities
Attentive staff is always willing to enhance our residents’ physical, emotional, spiritual and intellectual well-being. Services include but are not limited to:
- 24-hour care by specialty trained staff
- Nutritional support and guidance from staff during meals
- Specialized activity programs and special events
- Housekeeping, laundry and linen services as required
- Scheduled transportation service
- Restaurant-style meal service
- Private dining room
- Dedicated chapel
- Beautiful open spaces and outdoor courtyards
- Paid utilities (except telephone)
A memory loss diagnosis is not only hard on the individual, it is also very difficult and emotionally complicated for family members. The Peregrine Way® Memory Care Program strives to help during this highly emotional time by offering supportive family programs that provide education, empathy and empowerment.
- Orientation – We get to know family members and they get to know us through an assessment of hopes, needs and fears on the journey.
- Education – We provide seminars on various types of dementia and the disease progression that help ease fears of the unknown and help families set realistic expectations for the future.
- Communication Instruction – These presentations educate family members on how to have positive visits and provide techniques to improve verbal and physical communication.
- Sensitivity Training – We hold seminars that provide the experience of dementia, including physical, sensory and cognitive loss.
- Family Support Groups – We’re in this together. Our monthly meetings provide a supportive and empathetic setting where loved ones can feel safe to openly express their joys, insights and concerns.
Our team of compassionate caregivers is skilled at working to promote a healthy, positive and comfortable lifestyle for residents with memory impairment. At Peregrine Senior Living, we provide weekly learning initiatives to ensure our staff possesses the knowledge and training they need to give our residents the best possible care, including:
- The Peregrine Way – Review of the core tenets of our philosophy and mission
- Walk In Their Shoes – Sensitivity training
- Understanding the environment through the eyes of dementia
- Communication and feeling
- Behavioral management
- Personal care: bathing, dressing, toileting and nutrition
- Management and recognition of pain
- Activities for people with dementia
- Safeguarding and administering medication
- Family support and service
- Spiritual care and comfort
- All utilities except phone included
- 24-hour emergency response system
- Private bathrooms equipped with grab bars
- Wheelchair-accessible private shower rooms
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
- Pets welcome, some restrictions apply
- Units range from a 168 sq. ft. studio to a 364 sq. ft. one bedroom
Conveniences and Amenities
All residents and their families are welcome to enjoy Peregrine Senior Living’s safe, supportive and fun environment:Spacious floor plans with common areas, including living room and activity centers
- Spacious floor plans with common areas, including living room and activity centers
- Full-service activity kitchens for supervised cooking
- Restaurant-style dining room
- On-site beauty parlor
- Beautiful country chapel and regular spiritual services for all faiths
- Licensed for Enhanced and Special Needs for seniors who require a little bit more care than traditional Assisted Living allows. This affords residents to age in place and in most cases avoid another transitional move.
- Expansive grounds and secure, enclosed courtyards for barbecues and safe outdoor fun
- 24-hour emergency call system in bedrooms, bathrooms and common areas
- Private bathrooms
- Continuous health and wellness monitoring
- Medication administration and monitoring
- Continuously trained resident care staff led by a Registered Nurse
- Assistance with activities of daily living (dressing, grooming)
- Access to on-site Primary Care Physician, pharmacy, lab services, podiatry care and dental services
- Access to on-site rehabilitation services providing physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Special diets are accommodated
- Complete social, cultural and recreational programs
- Sensory programming to help reduce anxiety and depression and increase social interactions
- Individual Service Plan for all residents
- Incontinence management program
- Outings to local attractions and cultural events
- Studio and one bedroom resident rooms
- Couples welcome
- Education and support groups for family members and friends
- Spiritual and religious services
- Housekeeping, laundry and maintenance services
- Pets welcome, some restrictions apply
To schedule a tour of our vibrant senior living community, please contact us! We’d love to have you stop in for a visit to see for yourself why Peregrine Senior Living is so special.